Saturday, August 15, 2009

Didn't know that the Sundance Film Festival had a Youtube page but they do. They had this segment on classic short films so i watched one that i really liked. It was called Gowanus, Brooklyn. Its about an unlikely friendship between a black inner city kid in New York City and a young white teacher who happens to be addicted to crack. Its a story about unlikely similarities in people. Great short but anyway it inspired the feature film by the same director and features a score by a Canadian band called Broken Social Scene...So i looked them up and listened to their stuff and it was pretty good so take a listen. Yeah this is just one example of the many ways I find this obscure music and stuff...

1 comment:

  1. I watched Gowanus, Brooklyn after reading your post and now I'm interested in seeing the motion picture. There were a lot of questions in the end like does the teacher end his drug habit? What becomes of Audrey? Where is their father? Does Audrey ever eat her mother's food over the blow pops? I found myself getting upset at her for wasting that good food! I saw a lot of themes in this movie though. The one that stands out to me is how kids who lack parent/adult supervision to keep them off the streets are preyed on by those in the streets. I really felt for the mother though.

    Let me stop before I end up writing a disertation because I can go on and on. Good stuff Cassanova. Like I told you, keep it up! And comment on my blog! (Send me your e-mail so I can send you that Michael Jackson interview I was telling you about.)

    ReplyDelete