Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Super Dope Graffiti Art!

These are some pieces from a famous graffiti and sculpture artist that I heard about when I was in London. Going by the name of Banksy, he stays anonymous and tags different buildings in various parts of London, some major European cities and some far east cities as well. He is known for having a compelling witty and sometimes hilarious political commentary associated with his works. Super inspirational even to a musician like me. I often get inspired by visual art especially when it is as compelling and as creative as this is. It just makes u wanna think outside the bounds of what you've been told. Banksy is one of the artistic geniuses of our generation. If you dont know him, PLEASE GET ON THAT.

His art is being exhibitted until August 31 at the Bristol Museum click the hyperlink on his name to jump to his website and learn more about the artist, his pieces and the exhibit. Free Admission. Damn I wish I was in London. I'd def be there.

Check out this trailer to his exhibit called Banksy vs The Bristol Museum.


No comments:

Post a Comment